Followers

Saturday, January 15, 2011

My Green Hornet (2011) Review

This wasn't a bad flick, but I wish I would've waited for it to hit dollar theaters, to be honest. Keep in mind, I'm not a Hornet fanboy. I hate writing long reviews more than I hate reading them. So...

Pros:
  • A few decent laughs (of course), definitely should be a lot funnier to people with easier senses of humor
  • A few cool fight scenes, choreography better than most
  • Pretty steady, no big lull where you feel like taking a nap
Cons:
  • Simple storyline (masked crime fighter movie, what'd you expect?)
  • Though played by a great actor, the villain isn't a great source of suspense
  • Seth Rogen plays Seth Rogen, just like Robert Downey Jr played Robert Downey Jr in Iron Man
Overall:

I'd give it a 7/10; watchable, amusing, but not great. Unless you're rich or a fanboy, wait for it to come out in the dollar theater.

7 comments:

  1. I haven't gotten out to watch this yet but I don't think I will go out of my way to see this. I'm not a big seth rogen fan so meh.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll probably catch this during matinee. My sister saw a test screening and said it was pretty decent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mythbusters did a special episode dedicated to some of the stunts in this movie, disproved the possibility of them all. I know we are supposed to suspend belief, but it still kinda ruined the movie for me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. short and informational review, just the way I like them :)

    already was going to watch it somewhen next week!
    also, following you now.


    http://kind-of-informational.blogspot.com/
    my blog, feel free to check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post!
    Anyways, cool blog, I'll follow and support! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww man i was hoping for this to be a really good one, maybe next time i guess. Followed for more awesome reviews!

    ReplyDelete