Followers

Monday, January 17, 2011

My True Grit (2010) Quick Review

This movie is about a young girl that seeks revenge for the murder of her father through the use of a US Marshall. Does she find closure? Well why don't you watch it!

Pros:
  • Superb acting all around
  • Never a dull moment
  • Lot's of good quips and one-liners
  • Great atmosphere and some beautiful shots
Cons:
  • Could have used more gunfights or action (in my opinion)
  • Too short! A half hour of looking deeper into the characters couldn't have hurt.
  • Not much of a villain, but this was probably done purposely. I assume it's more about the main players, the journey, not the destination.
  • Not much on special effects or big stuff (a western done by the Coens, duh!) - This is also personal opinion. I don't regret watching this on the big screen, but with my limited funds I'm beginning to think that the theater experience might be better enjoyed with the big-budget heavy-hitters.
Overall Score: 8.5/10 - It's just a good movie. I will probably purchase it and that's saying a lot. Who buys movies anymore? *This review may be biased because I love the Coens' work.

15 comments:

  1. Haven't seen it yet, can't wait for it to come to my cinema ^^

    Cool blog

    However, why do you have a content warning when entering? :O

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Doo well I thought I might do a lot more swearing, maybe post some hot girls later or even feature music with explicit lyrics. I guess that's not enough to require that though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Metatron okay your choice :) who knows maybe more people will be eager to click the blog when they see that ^^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice dude ill check it out

    ReplyDelete
  5. I thought it was good, and I don't think Westerns are really my type.

    forkfantasy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. i'll give it a watch when i find the time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great review. This was just what I was looking for. I'm interested in watching this movie, but now I am sold. Thanks!

    anon-o-mayse.blogspot.com
    Supported.

    ReplyDelete
  8. @Snuggs No, I haven't seen the original. But a few John Wayne fanboys were complaining about Jeff Bridges taking up the part. But, I think they would complain no matter who it was.

    ReplyDelete
  9. interesting.....i like it.
    follow mine as well:
    http://jeromessuperwelt.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yeah, sometimes the Coen brothers, hit it out of the park with a masterpiece like "Fargo", but even they can make a dud like "Barton Fink"...at least in my opinionation. I will see this one though..too bad it's not an epic win though.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh man I want to see this so bad. I am a sucker for westerns.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the name is freaking epic when it comes down to it. I've been meaning to give this one a shot.

    ReplyDelete