This is a new piece I will incorporate more often, since the last one about the recession seemed to do well. As I'm trying to be more optimistic these days, I will try to think up positives of things the majority of us seem to dislike. This will also serve as a good mental/spiritual exercise for me.
Although it's a bit late, I will begin with Winter/cold weather:
- No Bugs - No more mosquito bites! No cockroaches! I fucking hate cockroaches.
- Winter Fashion > Summer Fashion (my opinion) - This is probably more for us guys. Sure girls get to be sexy and half-naked in the Summer but what do guys get? Jeans, shorts, t-shirts, BORING! Give me cool jackets, scarfs, hoodies, and caps! You can never go wrong with dark and mysterious.
- Burn Fat - If you exercise out in this stuff, not only does it offer a greater challenge, but you also burn more calories. Your body uses more energy to keep warm so you don't die. I wouldn't recommend this unless you're in decent shape though.
- Winter Sports/Activities - Snowboarding, skiing, sledding, igloos, snowmen, ice fishing, ice skating, rabbit hunting, etc.
- Hot Food - I really dislike hot foods during the Summer (makes me feel icky). Bring on the soups, chilies, gumbos, etc! And aren't they sooo nice after coming in from the cold?
- Indoor Stuff - Build a model, solve a puzzle, read, blog and shit!